Provincial Fiscal Grant Coordinating Committee members
- Under Secretary (Governance), Ministry of Provincial Government and Institutional Strengthening (Chair)
- Under Secretary, Ministry of Finance and Treasury (Elizabeth - Co-chair)Corruption Bill
- Deputy Auditor General, Office of the Auditor GeneralProvincial Governments
- Deputy Accountant General
- Deputy Secretary to Cabinet, Office of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Under Secretary, Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development
- Under Secretary for Development Planning and Aid Coordination
- Under Secretary for the Public Service
- Under Secretary for Women, Youth and Children Affairs
- Under Secretary, Ministry of Environment,
- Under Secretary, Ministry of Rural Development
- All Provincial Secretaries
- Financial Controller, MPGIS
- PME, PGSP
Provincial Governance Strengthening Programmme
Provincial Fiscal Grant Coordinating Committee
I hereby write to invite you to the 1st meeting of the Provincial Fiscal Grant Coordinating Committee (PFGCC), which will be held on 16th, 17th and 18th July 2018.
Below is the tentative agenda for the proposed meeting:
- Day 1: 16th July 2018
- Review of minutes of May 2017 PFGCC meeting
- Presentation by the Inland Revenue Department of SIG
- Presentation by the National Provident Fund
- The assessment team shall present PCDF assessment reports for 2016/17 of Central Province, Choiseul, and Isabel provinces.
- Day 2: 17th July 2018
- Assessment team presentation of PCDF assessment reports for 2016/17 of Guadalcanal, Makira Ulawa, Malaita, Rennell & Bellona, Temotu and Western Provinces.
- Identification of Key issues for recommendation to PGSP Joint Oversight Committee
- Day 3: 18th July 2018
- Brief progress report on PGSP Annual Work Plans 2017.
- Presentation of PGSP AWP for 2018
- Review recommendations to the JOC
Copies of the reports were sent out to all Provincial Secretaries on the 28th of June 2018. Copies shall be sent to the rest of the members in preparation of the July 16th meeting by end of the week.
Given the technical nature of the committee, you are reminded that the attendance must be at the Provincial Secretary and Under Secretary levels only. The Ministry shall be paying a sitting allowance for the forthcoming meeting of PFGCC at the rate of $300 per day for the meeting days. To facilitate the payment process of the sitting allowances, it is important that you send in your confirmation for attendance before the scheduled date of the meeting.
The detailed agenda of the meeting will be sent to you as soon as it is finalized but, in the meantime, you are advised to liaise with the committee chairperson for any issues or questions you may have before the meeting.
Thank you for your usual cooperation.
Permanent Secretary (Supervising)
Ministry of Provincial Government and Institutional Strengthening